The dark web

Mailorder

Reaction score
I have been informed by Mcafee my anti virus agent that certain of my personal information was stolen in a data breach and now appears on the Dark Net McAfee say they can help me but before I go any further has any one experienced this type of data breach and what advice has any one to offer as to how I should proceed on this matter. Many thanks

p.s I have not yet gone back to McAfee to see what they propose and what it might cost. Could this be a marketing ploy?

Grizzly

Reaction score
Did they send you an email about that? If so, disregard it, it's a scam to gain access to your computer.
I get emails like that on a daily basis recently. BTW: I do not have McAfee on any of my computers

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have been informed by Mcafee my anti virus agent that certain of my personal information was stolen in a data breach and now appears on the Dark Net McAfee say they can help me but before I go any further has any one experienced this type of data breach and what advice has any one to offer as to how I should proceed on this matter. Many thanks

p.s I have not yet gone back to McAfee to see what they propose and what it might cost. Could this be a marketing ploy?
How did you receive the notification? How did you contact McAfee?

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score

make sure the email is genuinely from McAfee, and uninstall other antivirus from W11 computers, it can cause conflict ..

Vote:

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
its a general scam that's doing the rounds i got the same on Norton and others on AVG just delete it and login to your security provider main page it should have a report scam option they will run a free clean program for you

Vote:

Ask a Question