Ugly task manager after latest update

dona

Reaction score
After cumulative update in november 2022 the task manager got very ugly, it is not on light theme nor on dark theme but somewhere in a very ugly sort of dark. Even if I set my Win 11 to show applications in light theme mode. All apps respect this but task manager. I have found a trick to change in registry, but this would break the previous settings for the other apps. I think this is a bug. Do you think they will fix this ? Maybe some workarounds ? Thank you.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Latest Windows 11 optional update could cause your Task Manager to not show up in the right colors; Microsoft has acknowledged a new issue in Windows 11 version 22H2. This latest problem only impacts those who have installed November's optional update, KB5020044, and could result in Task Manager not displaying in expected colors. While the company looks into this and promises an fix will be coming in an upcoming release, there is a workaround that can help you avoid this.

as you said, you may try the trick or wait till Microsoft annouce the relevant updates ..​

dona

Reaction score
I just had an update from Microsoft that fixed this problem.
Thank you all.

Ask a Question