Unwanted popup

Amadeus51

Reaction score
I keep getting some kind of news/weather popup on the left side of my screen whenever I get too close to the bottom bar. It covers about a third of the screen. How can I get rid of it, so it doesn't come back?

rfsmith7

Reaction score
It's a widget. Go to settings -> personalization -> taskbar and uncheck the widgets box in taskbar items.

Amadeus51

Reaction score
It's a widget. Go to settings -> personalization -> taskbar and uncheck the widgets box in taskbar items.
Okay, it's done. I suspected it was something simple. You made my life easier. Thanks.

tommygd

Reaction score
Just a widget, nothing to worry about. I watched some videos and was really surprised of the all Windows 11 available customization opportunities. I think I should switch from Windows 7 to Windows 11 right now.

Amadeus51

Reaction score
Here's and interesting sidenote. Just bought a new desktop two months ago with Win11, but the setup on it is quite a bit different than the laptop I got a couple of years back. They have made a lot of changes. It was almost like starting over.

Ask a Question