Upgrade 22581.1 causing VPN issues.

semce2

Reaction score
After the upgrade to 22581.1 I've noticed that my VPN (Surfshark) is working as usual and I can access internet using Firefox and Thunderbird but not Spotify. Also the task bar shows "no internet access". Obviously there is something wrong with this upgrade as everything was working fine prior. I also just checked the settings under Network & internet and on the Ethernet screen I see No internet access, however under VPN connections I see the Surfshark as Connected. When I tried messaging Microsoft, although I could get their web site, when I tried to contact them I got a no internet connection error message.

semce2

Reaction score
As a temporary work around I've added the Surfshark extension to Firefox. Hoping the issue will be resolved with a future update by Surfshark or MS. I've since had the same issue when I upgraded my laptop.

Vote:

semce2

Reaction score
Update! Tried using another vpn (free) and same issues. Also same problem on my laptop so this appears to be a Microsoft issue with the upgrade. When vpn is connected Windows shows no internet. Some apps work and others don't. Hopefully MS will issue a fix soon.

Attachments

• ss connected no internet.png
    ss connected no internet.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 3

Vote:

Ask a Question