Upgrade to Win 11 Pro

Denny

Reaction score
Months ago I upgraded from Win 10 pro to Win 11 pro but I kept showing headings that didn't match Win 11 headings, so I ran Belaric Advisor and it shows that I have WINDOWS 10 PRO. Is that a Belaris mistake or didn't Win 11 Pro take?????

Sir_George

Reaction score
Months ago I upgraded from Win 10 pro to Win 11 pro but I kept showing headings that didn't match Win 11 headings, so I ran Belaric Advisor and it shows that I have WINDOWS 10 PRO. Is that a Belaris mistake or didn't Win 11 Pro take?????
The quickest way to find out your Windows version is using a keyboard shortcut. On newer systems, the steps are as follows:

Simultaneously press the [Windows] key and the [Pause] key.
A system information window will appear.

Or

You can find out the version number of your Windows version as follows:

Press the keyboard shortcut [Windows] key + [R]. This opens the “Run” dialog box.
Enter winver and click [OK].

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Both Winver and right-click of the WinKey then System show my Oct. '21 Notebook that came Win10 Pro and after being fully set up was Upgraded to Win11 show Win11. It's a 14" Notebook and does not have the Pause key.

Vote:

Denny

Reaction score
Thank you. I used the Windows and Pause keys and I do have Windows 11 Pro 64 bit. Thanks again to all.
Denny

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I've long wondered about that.....why when I type Ver at the CMD prompt, I get "Version 10.0.22621.963" ???

Of course I knew I had Windows 11, because that's what I downloaded and installed, so why the subterfuge?

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I've long wondered about that.....why when I type Ver at the CMD prompt, I get "Version 10.0.22621.963" ???

Of course I knew I had Windows 11, because that's what I downloaded and installed, so why the subterfuge?
I get the same thing.

1678239587106.png
But there's a number of anomalies or 'left overs' with Win11, one is many times the earlier name of Windows Explorer comes up.

Vote:

Ask a Question