Using win 11

Hwalker1

Reaction score
If you open this forum from an email and need to change your password using a phone then please send the link via a text.
My android phone cannot open two email pages at the same time. This is an error that major web sites make.
That said can anyone tell me how to make system text on win 11 visible?
It's always in a size 2 font and too small to read. It also does not respond to cyrl+ and ctrl-

So making items like control panel not useable

Spoke to a Microsoft engineer last week and he had no answer.

They all use at least 24 inch screens. Does nobody ever test Windows releases on a 15 inch monitor?
Google makes it work on any device. When is windows going to learn how?
My HSBC on line banking program does not run on Widows 11.
Whish is what I bought my new laptop for

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
1. There are no one such "Microsoft Engineer" replies to queries from consumers, those replying are just experienced user support personnel, Microsoft Engineers will not speak or troubleshoot consumer problems. They have better tasks in Microsoft departments.

2. For email to mobile related issue, try using Edge or Chrome for mobile application, else we just have to stick with computer for forum membership activation.

3. I am unsure which query are you referring about the 24" and 15" screens .. if an application can work on 14" laptop screen, it should work properly on desktop 15" as well.

4. For HSBC are you referring to this? if yes, Right Click on the shortcut -> Properties -> in Compatibility tab choose the lower version of Windows which previously worked properly before. If not and you're referring to web based HSBC banking, then you may run it on legacy Internet Explorer which I have guided in this topic https://www.windows11forums.com/threads/access-legacy-internet-explorer-in-windows-11-tutorial.1440/

1684240266902.png

Cheers ! :D

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
They all use at least 24 inch screens. Does nobody ever test Windows releases on a 15 inch monitor?
That was an issue back in the early '90s when I got started building computers in a shop, most monitors were 15" CRT, no flat panels except in Laptops/Notebooks. I'm now on a 14" Notebook, have larger and smaller plus main desktop monitor is 24" and also have a couple 20" and a 27". Programmers do, at some point, have to test on different hardware setups for proper operation, especially those creating games.

Vote:

Hwalker1

Reaction score
1. There are no one such "Microsoft Engineer" replies to queries from consumers, those replying are just experienced user support personnel, Microsoft Engineers will not speak or troubleshoot consumer problems. They have better tasks in Microsoft departments.

2. For email to mobile related issue, try using Edge or Chrome for mobile application, else we just have to stick with computer for forum membership activation.

3. I am unsure which query are you referring about the 24" and 15" screens .. if an application can work on 14" laptop screen, it should work properly on desktop 15" as well.

4. For HSBC are you referring to this? if yes, Right Click on the shortcut -> Properties -> in Compatibility tab choose the lower version of Windows which previously worked properly before. If not and you're referring to web based HSBC banking, then you may run it on legacy Internet Explorer which I have guided in this topic https://www.windows11forums.com/threads/access-legacy-internet-explorer-in-windows-11-tutorial.1440/

View attachment 1066

My reply/
1. So the experienced helper was not a software engineer. OK but he sounded like it during th elong conversation I had with him. I have been programing computers since before Microft went public, using Apple machines and haveno knowledge of Microsoft structure. By the wayy he spoke he appeard to be an engineer. Matters not about his employment status.

Emails. I have to use Gmail. Clever people manage to send me a notification that show on my screen and can be copied and pasted into the email that I am readingrecter wide collumns at the time. Its not rocket science.
screen size. I agree that an application shpuld alwayw work on all monitors regardless of size. Mine always do but I dont attempt to put 5 character words into 3 character wide columns.

Thanks for the tip about compatibily which I will look at from an interest point of view. Is this in windows settings or HSBC settings?
They were totally unaware of this point when i contacted them but were posibly just center hens working from a script The app that they ran on windows 10 bears little similatity to their current widows 11 effort.
It should not need any input from a bank customer to get their app to work. Matters not now as I have downloaded the app on my Android phone and its adifferent one written by a competent programer. Even the txt fits whichever phone I run it on. They even appear to have queried my broswer, got my text size and made it fit my screen, something that not many web writers know how to do. I am now retired at the age of 80 having written code for companies large and small. so I know how to analise a web site or O,S. The curent update coming to windows users screens this month contains a large number of updates and bug fixes that my wife would have founa ages ago. She used to teach computing.
But when she tested updates and progams, she had no idea which keys to press unlike the Windows testers who were all geeks (no offence meant as I'm a geek despite my degree in computer programming'}
if there are any typos in this post its because i just went blind in one eye.
Have fun. Its only a game really and not worth getting upset about. Just had to press ctrl - 6 times to find the post reply tab.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Just had to press ctrl - 6 times to find the post reply tab.

I am from Malaysia, everything goes online from their primary site is https://www.hsbc.com which may require some server-side plugins downloaded as cookies temporarily to verify connection and certificate authenticity. The official HSBC banking website will work finely with any standard browsers eg. Edge / Chrome .. probably you can re-confirm that you're running the latest browser (for Edge, just goto SETTINGS and About Microsoft Edge) it will perform update and restart the browser (the latest Edge as per date is Version 113.0.1774.42 (Official build) (64-bit)).

And .. for the reply I have quoted above, I suppose you're screen resolution too low since you cannot see the "Reply" button easily from the browser, please re-confirm that appropriate drivers are there installed properly and for now the standard monitor resolution in Windows 10 / 11 shall be 1366 x 768 or 1368 x768 which be able to view entire page without hassle. If you're on a 15" CRT then 1366 x 768 will not work even the most advanced graphics card being used. Larger LCD monitor is required, in my case I commonly use my Lenovo Edge laptop which is standard 14" display most of the time and attach 24" external LCD only if required.

For the email, I suppose the sender if copy and paste an email content .. there might be issue in "Word Warp" whereby the paragraph will go endless to the right-hand side, aaarrrrgghh ... we cant do anything about it, it's the sender's problemnot receivers :D

Vote:

Ask a Question