Very slow boot times for Nvme 2TB Samsung Pro PCI4.0

skullCandy

Reaction score
Surprisingly slow speeds at boot after a PC restart. I'm talking about almost a full minute for a system that is on Nvme SSD PCI4.0 with Intel Gen11 and MB that supports PCI4.0. I use Samsung Pro 2TB nvme SSD.

It wasn't like this. Usually, after 3 full circles of the boot spinner, I was logged in.
But now I have to wait a minute.

Can someone please help me figure out what is going on? Is there a tool that monitors what is causing slow boot?

djbillyd

Reaction score
Since it appears that you are well endowed (I assume that you built your own rig), I'll just ask the obvious: Have you checked in SysConfig if "other" things are starting up at the same time that trove of WinMS stuff is starting up to? I periodically go to SysConfig and check to make sure nothing starts, at start-up, but the Microsoft stuff. I got a 2TB SSD (SATA) and mine restarts "lickedy-split".

Vote:

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
i had some thing similar happen with an MSI AMD using a ryzen 9 64gb fast gaming memory rig i built early on as win 11 was being released i was using the 1tb Samsung pro nvme drive as the main drive for win 11 and though it was a clean install the drive access times were pitiful taking well over 1.5mins Samsung have a support page which may be of help to you I ended up downloading there support software which solved the problem

Vote:

djbillyd

Reaction score
i had some thing similar happen with an MSI AMD using a ryzen 9 64gb fast gaming memory rig i built early on as win 11 was being released i was using the 1tb Samsung pro nvme drive as the main drive for win 11 and though it was a clean install the drive access times were pitiful taking well over 1.5mins Samsung have a support page which may be of help to you I ended up downloading there support software which solved the problem
Wow, I almost bought the SAMSUNG version, but went with a lot less expensive version. I bought a Mushkin and a WD. Neither has ever given me any issues at all. The Mushkin is a 1TB, and it has Windows 10 on it. The WD is the 2TB and it has Windows 11 on it.

SAMSUNG huh?

Vote:

Ask a Question