We hear 12 is to be released

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
as we are hearing win 12 has had its release date brought forward makes you wonder why ? and dose this mean yet another round of updating you hardware ??

davehc

Reaction score
It is pretty much covered all over the web. till a lot of rumours, but it does seem it will be released in 2024. Its content. Etc.. best wait until something is substantiated.
If it is based on what users can find in the insider program, for the moment it is no big deal.

Vote:

tpl

Reaction score
If it had all the W11 updates AND would install and run on machines that W10 runs on it might be very popular with businesses.... by why bother, just get MS to extend the death date of W10 for a few years.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Didn't MS say that Win-10 would be the LAST version of Windows? Seems like I heard something like that! Eh?

On defense of Win-11.... It does take some serious and determined Tweaking to make it look and act just as you want it to.
Anyone but a MS engineer, just walking up to my PC, would swear I'm running Win-7, and actually it's Win-11/Pro/64.
From Windows 8.1/Pro/64 to Win-11/Pro/64 is probably the smoothest upgrade I've ever done.
For anyone with a modicum of computer experience, the upgrade to Eleven is a piece of cake.
Cheers Mates, it's good to be on board.
Shadow

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Maybe "Upgrade" was not the correct verb. I backed up all my "stuff" and then did a CLEAN Install of Win-11, just letting the installer reformat my C: partition, before installing Win-11. So Win-11 was not being installed into, over or around my previous OS.

Windows 12? Ya gotta be kidding me! I doubt I'll live that long!
:cool:

Vote:

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
you are all missing the big picture here how many millions of people had to buy a new pc / laptop /software /tmp2 etc ten it all starts to make sense and look we are heading for a slowdown in sales even the motherboard manufacturers are starting to edge there bets on bringing out new products
it all linked to profits and market share

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Having been in the computer market place myself, for 43 years now, I can certainly see how the market has changed. And I can't say it's for the better.
I feel it's unfortunate, that every time there's a new OS released, so many people think they have to buy a new computer.
This little Acer Slimline that I'm using now, for Win-11, originally came out with Vista on it. The date on the BIOS is 2008. She's as happy today as she was then.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Similar story to The Shadow. Several quite old computers/laptops, all alledgedly incompatible, all running Window 11 quite happily with a little help from the well publshed “hacks”, for a couple of years now.
A warning from MS would have been more appropriate, rather than a deliberatly written in script disallowing the installation.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
And it wasn't always, "Big brother is watching". In the past we had much more freedom to install and run whatever we wanted on our little PC's without recriminations, fines and penalties.
I can still remember, the last DOS upgrade to MS DOS 6.22 that I acquired. I bought it, on a 3.5" floppy disk, from the book store in the Mall. Oh if it were only so simple today.

I don't understand the common opinion, that MS owns all the best programmers in the world.
"Ain't so, McGee!" There are equally accomplished programmers out there, working every day, to bring us some really great software, and improved versions of Windows too!
That's right, I said, "Improved versions of Windows". Like they used to say on the "X Files", "The truth is out there!". One only has to look for it.
:cool:

Vote:

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
you are both right i still have and run a very early laptop on win 11 that isn't supposed not to work ( by the way i still have the original MS DOS ) we all miss games and other software being on your hard drive and not held in the cloud or on the internet with no scrutiny of what you were doing or accessing that wasn't Microsoft's
it really has become a George Orwell state ( big brother is watching you ) it would be really refreshing to turn back the clock to those early days of how we used to operate our systems especially for gamers like myself letting your pc do the work and not be restricted to the speed resolution and settings for others
but then again its all controlled by market forces now, so i think we can look forward to upgrades galore with this win 12

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I told a friend of mine, in AZ, that I can no longer email program files, like I did years ago. Heck, I can't even Snail Mail CD's to friends, like I did years ago. A CD mailed to a friend in Canada, for instance, won't make it past the border.
The only way I can send an executable file to someone else, is by direct file transfer, like with a program that provides an FTP option.
I've used "Team Viewer" in the past with great success. Plus, I can also run files remotely and do "Tune Ups" remotely.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Ask a Question