Which Sort By Option in File Manager Shows When a Folder is Moved?

jdanniel

Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone.

May I please request some assistance with File Manager?

My D drive has many folders. I want to create a folder on my D drive named “Updated Folders for 2023.”

I want to move some of my folders from the root D drive to this new folder.

I want the date of the moved folders to reflect the date and time they were moved, and I want File Explorer’s Details Mode to display that date and time.

I’m not sure if there is a SORT BY option for this. If there is, I’m not sure which one to use.

The closest I’ve found so far is Date Accessed, but in order to update the date and time, you have to actually open the folder for the date/time to be updated. I can’t open all of these folders (due to lack of time).

So...is there an option to update the date/time when the folder is actually MOVED from one place to the Updated Folders for 2023 folder? If there is such an option, which is it?

If there is not an option exactly like that, then what would you suggest I use as the next best thing?

Thank you. J. Danniel
Version of Windows 11: 22H2 Build 22621.1105

Ask a Question