Windows 11 - Changed Sign in Requirements...?

G Young

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I got up this morning to find that a computer, recently upgraded to Windows 11, has changed the sign-in requirements.
I was typically signing in with a normal password (which I know/have), but now is requiring the PIN. I don't know the PIN, though, and don't have immediate access to the windows account associated with it.
I can't find what would have made it change to asking for the PIN (maybe some update while I was asleep?), but I just want to change it back to asking for the password like it used to. Obviously once in I will make sure to update the pin for something else and write it down...

Thanks and best regards,
Greg

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I got up this morning to find that a computer, recently upgraded to Windows 11, has changed the sign-in requirements.
I was typically signing in with a normal password (which I know/have), but now is requiring the PIN. I don't know the PIN, though, and don't have immediate access to the windows account associated with it.
I can't find what would have made it change to asking for the PIN (maybe some update while I was asleep?), but I just want to change it back to asking for the password like it used to. Obviously once in I will make sure to update the pin for something else and write it down...

Thanks and best regards,
Greg
Check the website below for some help. It deals with either a PIN or password issue.

Vote:

G Young

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the comment.
Unfortunately none of those has worked; I was only able to uninstall one of the update types (for performance) but had an error trying to uninstall one for functionality. I also wasn't able to do a restore or system repair. Looks like I may have to do a full reset.... thankfully it's not the everyday one for work!

Vote:

Ask a Question