Windows 11 file Explorer

Edwardo

Reaction score
Where is the move file facility in File Explorer. Why on earth has this been removed?

davehc

Reaction score
I have no idea why it was removed. A misplaced whim of MS, I think.

You can get it back with a simple reg alteration. It works! I was going to post it up, bt, it seems that the forum prohibits pasting reg docs . So, here it is:

Aardwolf-11

Reaction score
If I may inquire, I was curious as to if Microsoft had said around this time last year that with adding tabs (or rather, “sets” as Microsoft referred to) in File Explorer, would people find it easier copying/moving folders & files around in File Explorer? Sorry, my question is rather long, but hopefully not confusing. I was really excited when Microsoft had announced adding these “sets” to File Explorer for the sole purpose in making it easier to copy/move folders/files around. For some reason or another Microsoft didn’t follow up with this plan. Fortunately for me, I found this third-party app which added tabs right onto my File Explorer. I can open as many tabs as I want within one File Explorer window. I first tried another app called, Files, which also had tabs. However, for every tab that I open another window would open too. I didn’t see any point in using this app because I can just as easily open more than one File Explorer window. Before downloading this app with tabs for File Explorer, I use to open multiple File Explorer windows when I needed to transfer folders or files. This app also has many-many other features which you can play around with. Honestly, I don’t care when or if Microsoft eventually decides to come out with their “sets” for File Explorer. I am quite satisfied with using this third-party app.

I’m not sure how off-based I am with my comment pertaining to this thread. If I am off-base here I apologize for intruding. Otherwise, if anybody is interested in having tabs right on their File Explorer, I will gladly reveal the name & link for the app. You can just reply back to me on this thread.

Ask a Question