Windows 11 opens multiple windows or tabs when I clik on new links how to keep every thing in one window

davidreidok

Reaction score
I had to reset my installation back to original install.
Now every time I open a new link a new tab opens and I end up with many open tabs when I shut down
My guess is this slows down my computer
is there a way for me to keep every thing in one widow

I am on a HP Desktop, windows 11 home 64 bit, up to date, Firefox browser up to date, Bitdefender total, PIA VPN

Appreciate any tips, so far I have not found a solution on DuckDuckGo or Google searches

RogerOver

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the "Tabs" section in Firefox !
In Firefox go to the three lines on the extreme top right and click on it. Find "Settings" and click on it.
In the "General" menu, you will see something like in the screenshot attached, but in your language. "Onglets" in French means "Tabs" in English.
Play with the cases below this entry !

Vote:

davidreidok

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the "Tabs" section in Firefox !
In Firefox go to the three lines on the extreme top right and click on it. Find "Settings" and click on it.
In the "General" menu, you will see something like in the screenshot attached, but in your language. "Onglets" in French means "Tabs" in English.
Play with the cases below this entry !

Vote:

davidreidok

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip RogerOver.

I thought the same as you but so far have not hit the right combo.

I will try again on the tabs options and see if I can get the right combo down.

Vote:

Ask a Question