Windows 11 photo printing

Garyw

Reaction score
Download Winaero Tweaker, install (local or portable), scroll all the way to the bottom and Activate Windows Photo Viewer. Use other tweaks at your own risk.

Vote:

LadyBird

Reaction score
It's actually still possible to do it the 'old way', but just VERY hard to find.
Go to file explorer and select the multiple pics you want. Right click one of them and choose 'Show more options' at the bottom.
Then choose 'Print' and you are back with the familiar dialog box to select different layouts etc.
Why they've had to make it such a nightmare to track down......

Vote:

Toothfairy

Reaction score
LadyBird--you just made my day! I lost about an hour of my life looking for for said "Old Way" of printing more than one photo with Windows 11. I have no idea how you found that, but sure am glad you did! Thank you!

Vote:

Shoemum

Reaction score
Even doing it this way there is no 'fit to page' option anymore, nor is there an option to print more than one of the same photo. DOes anyone know where these options have gone?

Vote:

DAX 22

Reaction score
It's actually still possible to do it the 'old way', but just VERY hard to find.
Go to file explorer and select the multiple pics you want. Right click one of them and choose 'Show more options' at the bottom.
Then choose 'Print' and you are back with the familiar dialog box to select different layouts etc.
I have got the photo programme thank you Ladybird but they without colour. How do I change from black and white to colour

Vote:

custard

Reaction score
Found a better solution! So first I tried the suggested solution, which does fill the whole page with the image, but for some reason even with the 'fit picture to frame' selected it cuts off a small part of the image around the edges which is really annoying.

Out of curiosity I opened the image in MS paint, printed it from there on portrait, and it filled the page without anything being cut off. So stupid that that's the only way to do it. But voila.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
W11 dont have Photo Viewer .. unless get the classic ACDSee 32 (its vey rare), I will show how to do .. how lazy are u people in W11 forum asking about legacy's .. even Microsoft Support is a rubbish .. wait I show u little while

Vote:

LadyBird

Reaction score
Found a better solution! So first I tried the suggested solution, which does fill the whole page with the image, but for some reason even with the 'fit picture to frame' selected it cuts off a small part of the image around the edges which is really annoying.

Out of curiosity I opened the image in MS paint, printed it from there on portrait, and it filled the page without anything being cut off. So stupid that that's the only way to do it. But voila.

The 'fit picture to frame' option needs to be turned OFF to prevent anything being cut off.
You can't have a picture completely filling the page without cutting any bits off unless the picture format exactly matches the size of your page, so there is always a trade off - you have to decide whether you want a full page or a full view of the image.
You also need to make sure that the paper size is set correctly - should be A4 for me but obviously yours may be different.
(This is far easier than playing around in Paint....!)

Vote:

LadyBird

Reaction score
Even doing it this way there is no 'fit to page' option anymore, nor is there an option to print more than one of the same photo. DOes anyone know where these options have gone?
if you follow my instructions, the options are still there - you get exactly the same dialog box as previously. 1683708555859.png

Vote:

custard

Reaction score
The 'fit picture to frame' option needs to be turned OFF to prevent anything being cut off.
You can't have a picture completely filling the page without cutting any bits off unless the picture format exactly matches the size of your page, so there is always a trade off - you have to decide whether you want a full page or a full view of the image.
You also need to make sure that the paper size is set correctly - should be A4 for me but obviously yours may be different.
(This is far easier than playing around in Paint....!)
Ah, good to know lol. Well at this point my printer's been put away. The paint solution was easy though, just literally opened it with paint and did "print" and it filled the page without any edges cut off which is what I wanted. Will keep in mind for future though, thx.

Vote:

Lori Stripling

Reaction score

Vote:

hbksloss

Reaction score

Thank you for sharing. No reason it should be this funky to find, but I am glad you found it for us!

Vote:

MarleneD

Reaction score
SO I just upgraded (?) to WIndows 11. When I select multiple photos and 'print', it unfortunately just prints the photos without opening the traditional dialog box for me to configure my pages/output. Any thoughts?

Vote:

Ask a Question