Windows 11 Random Freezes (Startup & During Normal Usage)

tulz_11

Reaction score
Summary: The primary reason for this post is to figure out why my PC keeps freezing during random times. Keep in mind that there is no BSOD, the computer just freezes.

This usually happens:​
  1. Startup: When the windows circles are spinning. (The dotted circles, does it normal spin then it just freezes.) Which forces me to force shutdown.
  2. Sleep or Idle Sessions: The screen turned black in the most recent BSOD, and the keyboard NumLk key stayed on (pressing any keys didn't do anything).
    1. Computer has problems staying in sleep state.
Win10: This problem used to happen before, when I had Windows 10 as well, so I am assuming it is a hardware issue, which I cannot figure out.
  • Each time, I had to force shutdown (using the power button on the PC).
  • It happened most when returning from sleep mode or idle (which I am assuming was going into sleep mode).
    • The sleep state was always a problem: It was go into sleep mode then immediately come back on. (Not sure if it is a monitor issue).
Overclocking: I don't have any overclocking on my system.

System Age: 2 years (Built the system in 2020.)

Ask a Question