Windows 11 reset

Irakli76

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to reset/reinstall the Windows 11. I went to system, reset but could not do from "cloud download" not from local reset. I can not mount the iso file. I can't use external drive, as system is not recognizing it. What are the other options to reinstall the windows 11.

Ben Myers

Reaction score
Please repost with more information, including the manufacturer and model of the problem computer.

Ben

Ben Myers

Reaction score
If you have a USB flash drive, go to https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11, scroll down to the "Create Windows Installation Media" section and click "Download Now". When the download completes, find the MediaCreationToolW11 file in File Explorer, double-click it and it will walk you through the process of making a bootable Windows 11 installation flash drive. Please be advised that this will erase everything on the flash drive, so copy anything you need to save to another location. Insert the flash drive into the problem computer, start or restart it and when the white light on the power button appears, press the "Esc" key and select "Boot from USB". If you can't get it to boot from the USB stick, you may have to go into Computer Setup and temporarily change the boot order. Be sure to save any changes you make in Computer Setup.

Ben

davehc

Reaction score
" I can not mount the iso file"
Probably I have misunderstood (normal), but,
If I have an Iso all I do is copy it to the HD on which I wish to install the conemts. Click the iso and run setup from there.

Ask a Question