Windows 11 Suprised

oldfully

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope your day is going aewsome! My expensive Windows 10 Laptop died a horrible death and I just bought a little cheapie to replace it for now. This laptop has VERY LOW specs and is only good for email, web browsing etc. Its a Lenovo IdeaPad with 4 GB RAM and not much storage, not a prob as i have an external hard drive anyways. It had Windows 10 on it (Home Editon) and I thought, why not, I upgraded to Windows 11 and quite frankly I am glad I did. The unit is stable, actually faster than Windows 10 and frankly I LOVE Windows 11. I know im not going to break any Benchmarks but I am not fussed, it does what I need and will do me until I rouse up the $$$$$ to buy a good unit. I just wanted to share this as im quite suprised at this. Hope you all have an awesome day and thanks for reading this post!

davehc

Reaction score
Thankyou for sharing. A welcome relief from many complaints one reads.(y)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about the demise of your laptop.
Good luck with the replacement
IF you keep it lean everything should be OK
It's usually when they become bloated that you see the performance take a nose dive.

oldfully

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
It's usually when they become bloated that you see the performance take a nose dive.
Thankyou, my laptop had a respectful funeral service, I am saving for a nice replacement!

oldfully

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Thankyou, I am very suprised at the little Lenovo, it runs everything I need and I will keep it simple!

tpl

Reaction score
Lenovo make good laptops and have for years. My laptop is a nearly 10 year old Ideapad, bought 2nd hand. Had 4Gb and a 500Gb spinner. Now has 8Gb and a 256GB SSD. Even the battery still does 5-6 hours. Just keeps on going. I started on W8, went to 8.1 the day after I bought it and has done every pre release of W10 and now real W10.
Won't run W11 as no TPMS

davehc

Reaction score
FWIW. If you aplythe fix offered by MS, it will disregard the TPM requirement and install. That is what I have done. But,maybe a little off topic for this thread.

tpl

Reaction score
Because that machine was in the Insider program it did install W11. Later MS decided on no updates for non-conforming machines. AS I have my other desktop in the Insider program on W11 I just put the laptop back to W10. I don't use it much.

davehc

Reaction score
They actually said - If you proceed with installing Windows 11, your PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates.
They can deploy whayever they wish - it is there OS, . But, to date, I have receieved four , including two cumulative updates, on my incompatible machine.
It doesn't bother me a lot. Without there "Support", my machne is fucunctiong 100%. In the event, I can revert to third part Antivirus and download the freely available Windows 11 updates manually

tpl

Reaction score
To me ms update just refused to download. I am sure this old machine had too old a cpu and was also MBR. But I didn’t really care.

Ask a Question