Windows 11 taskbar flickering after boot.

romiln

Reaction score
Since yesterday the taskbar of Windows 11 22H2 is flickering as seen in the video.
Below things i have already tried;

1. sfc/scannow
2. Disk online cleanup Image health
3. Disk online cleanup Image Restore Health.
4. Restart explorer from Taskbar.
5. chkdsk c:/f and chkdsk c:/r

None of the above options have worked so far and hence I have then entered into safe mode and was able to see taskbar and then went to settings and saw that windows update is throwing an error. Before the issue occurred, windows 11 tried to updated (via settings --> windows update) which I think is causing the issue.

Since this post I cannot see taskbar even in safe mode

Video:

manannoy

Reaction score
It seems like you have already tried several troubleshooting steps to address the flickering taskbar issue in Windows 11 22H2. Since the problem persists and you mentioned encountering a Windows Update error, here are a few additional steps you can try:

1. Disable unnecessary startup programs: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager. In the "Startup" tab, disable any unnecessary programs from starting up with Windows. Restart your computer and check if the taskbar flickering issue is resolved.
  2. Rollback Windows update: If you suspect that a recent Windows update is causing the problem, you can try rolling back the update. In safe mode, go to Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates. Select the most recent update and click "Uninstall." Restart your computer and observe if the taskbar flickering is resolved.
  3. Perform a system restore: If you have a system restore point created before the issue occurred, you can use it to revert your system settings to a previous state. Boot into safe mode and access the Advanced Startup Options by pressing the Shift key while clicking the "Restart" button. From there, choose "Troubleshoot" > "Advanced options" > "System Restore" and follow the instructions.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be beneficial to contact Microsoft Support or visit a technical professional for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on the specific error and system configuration to help resolve the taskbar flickering problem.

Vote:

Bill Shannon

Reaction score
Most likely usb alarm is on go to sound and turn of headphone audio for a week or so then turn it back on that's my suggestion.

Vote:

Ask a Question