Windows Explorer

Tom R

Reaction score
New member and constant tinkerer.
I am having issues with W. Explorer. I have multiple SSD and HDD installed and for some reason, my files are scattered across all of them. To add insult to injury, many of the files are old copies and the current version is sometimes very difficult to find.
Is there an app to find all copies of all the files that shows pertinent data and paths? I would prefer free but am desperate and I am willing to pay a reasonable amount to solve this problem.
My system: Home built, Intel i7 11700K processor, M.2 SSD 1 Tb gen 4 C: D:(Data) is Samsung 8 Tb SSD internal.
Two external in a single enclosure, WD 14 Tb HDD and Seagate 8 Tb HDD. W-11 Pro, Version 10.0.22000. 32 Gb DDR4 memory.

Thank you.
Tom R,

Sir_George

Reaction score
New member and constant tinkerer.
I am having issues with W. Explorer. I have multiple SSD and HDD installed and for some reason, my files are scattered across all of them. To add insult to injury, many of the files are old copies and the current version is sometimes very difficult to find.
Is there an app to find all copies of all the files that shows pertinent data and paths? I would prefer free but am desperate and I am willing to pay a reasonable amount to solve this problem.
My system: Home built, Intel i7 11700K processor, M.2 SSD 1 Tb gen 4 C: D:(Data) is Samsung 8 Tb SSD internal.
Two external in a single enclosure, WD 14 Tb HDD and Seagate 8 Tb HDD. W-11 Pro, Version 10.0.22000. 32 Gb DDR4 memory.

Thank you.
Tom R,
Check the website below and see if the information there may be of any help;

Vote:

Tom R

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir George, for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it is not the programs and apps that I am having issues with. I have C: set up for those, and have D: set up for all other files and data. I am not having space issues, C: is about 85% free, and D: is 75% free.
My problem is where my other files and stuff are stored. Everything, other than programs and apps, is being stored in multiple folders on the two internal drives. I do need to say I use OneDrive and that folder also shows up in several different places, including C: drive.
I am looking for a program that will find the duplicated files and display details and paths so I can delete old copies and move the latest version to D: where it belongs. In addition, I would like to know how to prevent this from reoccurring in the future.

Tom R.

Vote:

Ask a Question