Windows Terminal able to replace Windows console host as default terminal.

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Just a heads-up that Windows Terminal is now able to be set (in it's settings) to the default terminal, replacing the aged Windows console host, which was introduced with Windows 7. This means that all of your command-line work and .exe running can all be done from Windows Terminal instead. No more small windows and fonts. No more setting the properties of the window only to be lost if something is updated. And now... Tabs!!! If you so desire (I do), you may have new terminal windows open up in a new tab, instead of a new window. Yay!

It is recommended that you obtain Windows Terminal through the Microsoft Store.

davehc

Reaction score
?But the Windows Terminal is already resident? In mine, anyway. It hasn't changed from earlier OS's
1635396431223.png

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are some customizations that can be made to the default Terminal
Click the "Settings" link or use the Down Arrow to select "Settings" from that menu

Capture.jpg

davehc

Reaction score
Sorry. Obviously a misunderstanding. I am still at a loss but might twig eventually:(

davehc

Reaction score
The penny dropped. I downloaded the "Windows terminal preview" I think that is what you meant. Still exploring, but, for the moment, I cannot see , in my own computer usage, having a lot of time with it. I am sure I am still missing something? Running it side by side with the existing Terminal and still trying to spot the differences. I am sure there are some.

davehc

Reaction score
Just examined it more carefully. I am on a red herring here! The app has been in circulation for while and , probably, did evolve to the now known Windows terminal. Just a guess. But then, I dont know what I am talking about:cool::rolleyes::sleep:

Ask a Question