Wrong unit system on lock screen

dona

Reaction score
I set Windows 11 to show me the local weather information on lock screen. I have set my computer in International Measures Unit System but on my lock screen the temperature is shown in Imperial System (Fahrenheit instead of Celsius). Is Microsoft aware of this bug and will they fix it ? In Windows Insider hub there are lots of postings about Fahreneheit being shown instead of Celsius. Thank you.

davehc

Reaction score
If you click the icon/widget, there is an ellipsis in the top right. Click that and you can change to celsius.

Vote:

dona

Reaction score
Thank you davehc, but everything on my computer is set in Celsius and in the widget itself it is shown in Celsius. I am talking about the lock screen, where a user can set to have either information about mail, calendar, weather or ShowKeyPlus (in Settings->Personalization->Lock screen status). There, the units are wrong. And it's not only me, there are lots of reports of the same problem in Windows Insider.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Ok. I dont spend a lot of time on the lockscreen, and have not noticed any weather info there. But would that not be because you are not signed in? As a personalisation feature, Windows is not aware of that until you do?? Just a thought.
I am not an insider. Why would the reports be there, or are we only discussing insider OS's

Vote:

dona

Reaction score
Thank you again for trying to help.
When I open the lid the computer is in a sleep state, where it should be aware of my computer's settings.

By the way, I have remarqed that the clock format on the lock screen is not the one I have set when I make a cold boot, but when I wake it up from sleep the clock is OK, just the weather is not.

And it has nothing to do with insider versions, I use the official releases and updates, when they come out for everybody.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Maybe another member can step in and help. I have tried every way to open my lock screen and check it. It invariably shows centigrade (my country choice.) Only thing, when I initially set it, was to allow it to access my location.

Vote:

dona

Reaction score
I fixed this problem, not without additional problems. But I managed to fix those new problems too. My Windows disply language was English-US, so I think that Windows must have thought that my settings are for the USA, hence the Fahrenheit. I added English-CA (which also added English-UK for some reason) and selected English-CA as Windows display language. This fixed my Fahrenheit problem but created three other problems:1-added English-UK, which I dismissed immediatly by removing it. 2-this simple language change triggered the latest Windows update from december 13 2022 to look missing to Windows, so that I had to re-install this update, not in an easy way, because it seemed not to install ; after a few tries it finally seamed to have installed. 3-after the language change, four of the Windows applications from Windows Store (Mail, Maps, Calendar and Clock) stopped displaying their icons and names on the pinned panel from Start menu. They have shown URI like strings, something like //ms-app/......... (unfortunately I don't remember the exact content of these strings). They opened the apps, just didn't display the appropriate icons and labels. I tried to repair these four apps, but nothing changed. From the start menu panel I could pin them to the taskbar and there they showed normal icons and opened the apps. I tried to uninstall them from start menu panel but they did not uninstall. I managed to uninstall them from Settings -> Apps. Than I re-installed them from Windows Store and everithing came back to normal. Well, with a little problem:I had to re-create e-mails accounts in Mail, which causes me another problem:Can not retrieve all e-mails from Yahoo.

Vote:

dona

Reaction score
Now, other problems come out slowly : for instance, even nif in Taskbar Settings I have Show badges on taskbar apps ON, badges do not show.

Vote:

Ask a Question