Youtube, Facebook, some other sites incredibly slow on insider builds. Any ideas?

mntimbuktu

Reaction score
I have tried clearing cache, using different browsers etc. No luck. My speed tests are around 1gig so it's not that. It's only a few sites and it's only after the update.

Neelix

Reaction score
I have tried clearing cache, using different browsers etc. No luck. My speed tests are around 1gig so it's not that. It's only a few sites and it's only after the update.
Make,model,system specs?..

Might be worth a look,..

Last edited:

Vote:

riceboyler

Reaction score
FWIW, I'm seeing exactly the same behavior on Windows 11. I've tried 4 different browsers: (Edge Dev, Vivaldi, Chrome and Firefox) just to eliminate the possibility of it being a browser cache issue or something like that. I installed Firefox fresh just to test, and it's the same issue there.

I note that anything using a CDN, in general, seems to be slower, especially Facebook's CDN (fbcdn.net). I wonder if CloudFlare (which I think is what FB is using under the covers) is having some weird disagreement with the stack in Windows 11?

Vote:

riceboyler

Reaction score
I've had to clean install W10 again because it was severely impacting Zoom for me and being 100% remote, that can't happen. Interestingly it's all fine on 10. I'm thinking it's something to do with the Killer Wifi driver and Windows 11 because I've seen other Dell (and HP) users report similar issues and they all have the Killer AX wifi chipset.

Vote:

lordgallifreyan

Reaction score
I've had to clean install W10 again because it was severely impacting Zoom for me and being 100% remote, that can't happen. Interestingly it's all fine on 10. I'm thinking it's something to do with the Killer Wifi driver and Windows 11 because I've seen other Dell (and HP) users report similar issues and they all have the Killer AX wifi chipset.

I have a dell alienware with the Killer AX wifi chipset. So maybe thats my problem then.
Will keep an eye out for a killer ax windows 11 update.

Vote:

TheOldMarine

Reaction score
Have seen the same problems with youtube, don't use zoom. Did a clean install of windows 10 insider previews then used windows update to get W11. Windows 10 youtube works OK.

Cheers,
Semper Fi

Vote:

bitwiser

Reaction score
Same trouble here from a clean install on brand new Dell XPS 8940 11th gen core i7, wired network. disabled IP6 (helped a little), changed to encrypted DNS over http (helped a little) but still very slow compared to Win10

Vote:

sail121j

Reaction score
Have 2 computers Suface Pro 7 that works fine and a Dell g5 that doesn't - both running windows 11 dev insider. Not sure if the Nvidia graphics card has anything to do with it or not.. Just happened about 4 releases ago of the insider 11 release. I am on wired ethernet not wifi on both computers. Symptoms on Facebook and You Tube are on all my browsers so don't think it is browser related.

Have just discovered that if I disconnect my ethernet and switch to wifi the problem goes away....

One more update.. my ethernet adapter is a Killer 2600 Gigabit Ethernet Controller - I rolled back the driver to an earlier version and problem solved..

Last edited:

Vote:

tsanguine

Reaction score
This finally fixed it for me. Even though there is a newer driver that isn't beta from Dell that released today (9-13-21) it didn't work. This slightly older BETA one in the link worked.

Vote:

bitwiser

Reaction score

Vote:

Sergo_skobs

Reaction score
so after playing with drivers and staff i download Killer Intelligence center beta. I played with lots off settings and i find out that if i turn off in settings "killer prioritization Engine" fix all my problems

Vote:

_Just

Reaction score
Mine doesn't have any KILLER Wireless products but it seems what fixed it for me is switching off my 5GHz network onto my 2.4GHz.

So give that a try if you're still having issues. :)

Vote:

residuls

Reaction score
so after playing with drivers and staff i download Killer Intelligence center beta. I played with lots off settings and i find out that if i turn off in settings "killer prioritization Engine" fix all my problems
BRO! You are a master! Thank you Killer Was killing the connection! LOL. ?????????

Vote:

Vern

Reaction score
BRO! You are a master! Thank you Killer Was killing the connection! LOL. ?????????
YES! Me too. Still on 5 GHz with Killer Prioritization Engine OFF. Now Everything works just like it did in Win 10. BTW, REALLY didn't want Win 11 yet but wife needed new laptop & Dell doesn't do Win 10 on new XPS Laptops anymore. Up to us users to flail around and figgure this shite out I guess. Anyhow, thank you Sergo, I bow from the ankles.

Vote:

Ask a Question