Zip Files

pepegot1

Reaction score
Zip files are created, but when accessed they crash to the desktop. That's the only problem I had so far with WINN 11. I resolved one with the printer not working by getting a driver update and a reg hack. The reg hack made the printer accessible, the driver made it work. To date I find WIN 10 more agreeable.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard :).

Which application are you using to open zip files? Just the default Windows explorer zip manager, or something like 7-zip?

Vote:

pepegot1

Reaction score
No problem with 7-Z and Powerdesk. However, when I select files in a folder to be zipped by right clicking and then selecting compress files, it creates a zip file. When I try to access the zip file it crashes to the desktop in WIN 11. Something odd: If I double click the created zip file it opens in Powerdesk. If I try to move the zip file to another directory it crashes to the desktop. This happened with two computers-i9, i7

Last edited:

Vote:

alan sh

Reaction score
I've installed 7-Zip and the file explorer replacement and the 'compress files' option is gone. Instead I have things you can do in 7-Zip.

Vote:

Ask a Question