A media driver your computer needs is missing. Please help

Reaction score
Hello, I am running into a lot of issues trying to install windows 11 in my new pc. I keep getting "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard Disk driver, If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it please insert it now"

I have downloaded windows 11 ISO and used Rufus to burn to a 32GB USB stick. I tried using USB 3 and USB 2 ports Ryzen 7 7700, MSI B650M-P, AITC Kingsman K2 KP800 1TB SSD.

Kindly assist please.

Bighorn

Reaction score
I'd try the bootable USB Thumb drive for installing Windows made by the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d
It should at least use an included basic driver. An 8GB, 16GB or 32GB drive is needed and will delete anything on it and reformat before creating. Only problem I've had with the MCT since Win7 is failure to first run Error Checking on a drive being upgraded.

Vote:

Ask a Question