Power plan management problem with laptop

ghostoutofthebox

Reaction score
I have a laptop with Windows 11 installed. I have to often download large files, so, I prefer to do it during night while sleeping. Previously while I had windows 10, I choose the power plan where the laptop never goes into sleep or hibernate while plugged in and same for lid closure. It was even working until three months ago with windows 11. But recently if I was not using the laptop for a long time while plugged in, it was going to sleep, disregarding the power plan settings and closing the lid even for an hour was putting the laptop into hibernation even if I had selected the option "do nothing" while plugged in. So, I thought disabling the hibernation option would fix this issue and I did it with command prompt (> powercfg -h off). But now the issue has gotten worse. Instead of hibernating the system is shutting down completely, destroying all my unsaved work. Is there a way to fix this issue?

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi, first type
> powercfg -h ON.
Then to solve your problem I used "Don't sleep" in the past: https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1738 It only stops the computer from sleeping for one session (one night) and you can decide how many hours you want to stop it from sleeping. I am not 100% sur whether it works for Windows 11, but I don't see why it shouldn't (the last version of the software is from April 14, 2023).

Vote:

Ask a Question