Problems with updates

Pablo56

Reaction score
I have found since an update that I can not clear my desktop. I used to be able to click in the far right side of the toolbar and that would clear my desktop. Also when I clicked on the date and time, I would get up a calendar. Now I get a pop up notification window which I don't want.

Pablo56

Reaction score
Thanks Roger.

Can someone explaine MS and the relationship with the EU here?
"Regardless of individual preferences, Microsoft will automatically replace the Show desktop button in the system tray with the Windows Copilot button for users in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other regions, excluding the European Union."

Yet again MS knows what we all want . Its AI RIGHT!!!

And can I remove the Notifications next to it?

Last edited:

Bighorn

Reaction score

Pablo56

Reaction score
Now I am getting plagued with MS pop ups in the right hand corner. Can these be stopped? Attached. They want me to use Bing as a web brouser.

Attachments

• Bing.jpg
    Bing.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 10

Grizzly

Reaction score
Now I am getting plagued with MS pop ups in the right hand corner. Can these be stopped? Attached. They want me to use Bing as a web brouser.
This is Microsoft advertising. Just uncheck it and 'done'

Bighorn

Reaction score
It shows that Bing wants to be the Search Engine and that Google Chrome is also involved as the Browser.

Pablo56

Reaction score
How do I uncheck MS Adverts? And in the far right I have a beel which is notifications.

Pablo56

Reaction score
Ok Xploit Machine I will deal with that. to this. Cllick 'Like' I think. But as a side issue to this....

When booting up the PC, MS don't allow the random pictures at the start. Maybe this is retaliation.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Ok Xploit Machine I will deal with that. to this. Cllick 'Like' I think. But as a side issue to this....

When booting up the PC, MS don't allow the random pictures at the start. Maybe this is retaliation.
It's been doing the same for me, think they've run out of new ones.

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi Pablo,
what about this ? Gives you a lot of options:

For the random pictures I use

Last edited:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
As for wallpapers .. I deleted all unwanted above 1MB image files included with Windows and compressed just needed 6 files (which appears in Settings -> Home) ..

I just keep my custom black wallpaper at desktop and the same wallpaper in Lock Screen as well ..

1711516987314.png

Pablo56

Reaction score
As for wallpapers .. I deleted all unwanted above 1MB image files included with Windows

I didn't know you could access these images. Could you add your own?
What I mean is the image you get when you first boot up and need a password. Not my own desktop photos.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Yes, just place them at the original folder and rename as the existing ones before deleting .. and my wallpaper is at the root Windows folder and not under Web ..

1711529818757.png

Pablo56

Reaction score
I have C:\Web\wallpaper but the pictures are child like. Like throw paint at a canvas pictures. The random pictures I got with W11 (Log on) were profesional photos of landscapes. Since I made changes including show desktop and bin co-pilot.I think that upset Bill Gates team and now I get a simple basic blue patterned screen now.

I am talking here about Switching on PC and getting the logon sign in background not background not the normal day use desktop picture after logon wallpaper.

Are there diffrent names for all these wallpapers?

Last edited:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I have C:\Web\wallpaper but the pictures are child like. Like throw paint at a canvas pictures. The random pictures I got with W11 (Log on) were profesional photos of landscapes. Since I made changes including show desktop and bin co-pilot.I think that upset Bill Gates team and now I get a simple basic blue patterned screen now.

I am talking here about Switching on PC and getting the logon sign in background not background not the normal day use desktop picture after logon wallpaper.

Are there diffrent names for all these wallpapers?
are u stupi dfucker?

Pablo56

Reaction score
Don't be a total a.r.s.e. When you switch on a W11 PC you get a random picture with a log on. When logged on you get wallpaper of your choosing. I have my own. You know exactly what am talking about but choose to be a vial person. I am refering to the random MS pictures that you get wuith the W11 login screen.

Ask a Question