How long will the upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 be free?

kale_vertigo2

Reaction score
I have a question regarding my Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license, which I recently purchased for a new computer that I intend to buy. I want to install Windows 11 on this PC.
However, I'm considering whether I should activate this license on my current PC, which is already running Windows 11. I’m worried that Microsoft might discontinue support for activating Windows 10 keys on Windows 11 in the future and I want to ensure the ability to install Windows 11 on my new computer.
What should I do?

Grizzly

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 will be free for an unknown amount of time. As of now, I do not have any Info about that being discontinued. I do know that activation of Windows 7 keys for Windows 11 have seized as well as Windows 8 keys. That being said, you should be good to go.

Vote:

kale_vertigo2

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 will be free for an unknown amount of time. As of now, I do not have any Info about that being discontinued. I do know that activation of Windows 7 keys for Windows 11 have seized as well as Windows 8 keys. That being said, you should be good to go.
Thank you!

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Windows 11 has always been FREE. It just depends on where you want to get it.

I have NEVER upgraded from one version of Windows to another. I will only do Clean installs, when I want to upgrade.
Less problems that way. And NO involvement with MS.
Life with your PC can be just so much more fun, when you leave MS out of the picture.

Good luck!
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

snail_helmet

Reaction score
It will take some time. They said that Windows 10 free upgrade was supposed to end in 2016 and the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 just became unavailable

Vote:

Ask a Question