1920x1200 Resolution no longer available

thomasarm

Reaction score
I have a new Acer Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop with an nvidia 3060 graphics card and things were going fine until I was troubleshooting stuttering video while casting my screen to my TV. It had helped in the past to lower the resolution, and then it would revert back when I disconnected from the external screen. However, this time the resolution is stuck on 1920x1080 and things look stretched. I am convinced that the old resolution was 1920x1200, but I guess I could be mistaken. However, I am absolutely certain that things don't look right on my monitor. I've tried to update the drivers, and I even reset the computer but nothing has helped. Any ideas?

RogerOver

Reaction score
Did you change something in "Settings\System\Screen\Scalings" ? Reset everything to 100% (may be you need to log out and in, but Windows will tell you).
Otherwise there is a nice little freeware from 12Noon, called "Display changer" with which you could at least try to find out (by testing) what was likely your previous resolution.

Vote:

Ask a Question