A-Volute-Extension

hanselin

Reaction score
The above title marked as MS latest available to update which I did and up came install error 0x80070103 try again, now in settings windows update it exclaims ' attention needed', on inspection of the already installed list it says A-Volute-Extension installed ?, but the warning attention needed is still there. My question is will this 'extension' interfere with any future updates, and what the hell is the extension ?

Mickey52

Reaction score
I went to Feed Back and Win11 forums giving them screen shots of stalled updates asking to fix it. Last night after two days I checked update it said I was up to date no error updates in download and installed. I did find searching error code 0x80070103 fixes one was a way to shut down update service and one other using command codes. Then deleting the Software distribution folder, itself.
I have that option in my pocket to use if needed. So far so good leaving well enough alone.

Vote:

hanselin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Mickey52, allegedly this ' A-Volute Extension' is a driver for the Realtec sound and/or the speaker performance, and as quick as it arrived it has disappeared off my system, not a trace, and all boxes ticked for future updates, I suspect another MS mystery....thanks again for your reply. I will post my system specification in my profile it may help any future assistance I may seek :)

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
I have kept Win11 fixes in a note in One note, that note just keeps getting bigger and bigger ways to fix things that Win11 seems to come up with. This fix was hidden way to fix Update that should be known, and I post on feedback they need a way to clear Un downloadable updates that come with error codes. like these four had.

Vote:

Ask a Question