Acronis True Image Home 2017 in Windows 11

KerbGarden

Reaction score
I have previously used Acronis True Image Home 2017 with Windows 10 and it backed up my system fully. I have done a new install of Windows 11 on my computer and I tried to install this software to view my backups.

It fails during installation and won't let me install it. I know this is older software, but it isn't that old. Surely there is some way I can get it working without needing to purchase the latest version? I don't intend on using it going forward, I just want to retrieve some backed up data.

Thank you for any help you can suggest.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you just want to access old backup information temporarily, it might just be worth downloading Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office and install the trial version. I think you get a month free, during which time you can recover the data you are after. It's the same product as the old True Image software and I've used it fairly recently to open an old .tib archive.

Orange

Reaction score
I have just the same problem. And I resolved it.
Uninstalled and installed again.
During installation, new version was downloaded automatically.
It solved the problem.

Laf35

Reaction score
J’ai acronis 2017 je veux savoir si je peux m’en servir dans Windows 11

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I have previously used Acronis True Image Home 2017 with Windows 10 and it backed up my system fully. I have done a new install of Windows 11 on my computer and I tried to install this software to view my backups.

It fails during installation and won't let me install it. I know this is older software, but it isn't that old. Surely there is some way I can get it working without needing to purchase the latest version? I don't intend on using it going forward, I just want to retrieve some backed up data.

Thank you for any help you can suggest.

I give u FULL version at 30USD :)P

1683354033056.png

Bighorn

Reaction score
A comment: I haven't had any issues installing software meant for Win8/8.1 or Win10 on a Win11 computer whether they were the x86/32-bit or x64/64-bit version. Only real/operational change with Win11 is there is no 32-bit version, only the 64-bit version and just like earlier versions it can run 32-bit software. I've had Microsoft Office 2000 on a Win11 computer and now have Office 2007 on it.

As for backups, there can be issues in retrieving files from the 'usually-compressed' file and whether it is encrypted or not.