Adding 3rd -party installer files to custom Windows 11 ISO

eliminatrix

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm using the MSMG Toolkit to create a custom Windows 11 image for my own systems; I've added drivers and tweaked it as much as I can / as much as the toolkit allows. What I'd like to do now, is to add 3rd party installers and have them automatically be placed in either the Desktop or Downloads folder once Windows 11 has been installed. Programs such as Google Chrome, Google Drive, Adobe Reader etc.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance!

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know MSMG Toolkit, so cannot advise at this.
But you might face the problem, that the 3rd party installers you quote (browsers, Adobe) are updated very often.

What I am doing is to use an external drive (constantly plugged in) which has a copy of the latest versions of all programs I need on it. From there you can easily install all the software you want. I use "SuMo lite" (once a week or so) to find out which programs need an update. Despite beeing very nice (I think SuMo is the best you can find in this domain), the free version does not allow an automatic update. But on the other hand, this has the advantage that you need to search the updates manually and you then can put the latest version directly on your external drive.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
A couple of things to consider, one is that it's best to use an 8GB USB Thumb drive for the default creation using the MCT/Media Creation Tool as the download is close to or a bit over 4GB, same for using DVD+R/DL [Dual-Layer] DVDs for creating from the downloaded .iso file, not the RW. Another thing is sufficient space on the device to store the additional programs followed by creating a menu that could allow calling the install routine for those programs if not wanting to do as RogerOver mentioned. The setup.exe files used by most installing of programs are written to include the choices desired or required.

Vote:

Ask a Question