Adobe Acrobat crahes when trying to print

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,

I am on WIN 11 22000.832 and I have a HP Envy 4504 Printer. Since yesterday Adobe Acrobat DS crashes when I am tring to print. I reinstalled the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DS, which was of no help. I read proposals for solutions on the internet, like going to "Edit/Preferences" in Adobe and remove the tick in the security settings and other proposals. But I couldn't even go to "Preferences" in "Edit", because Adobe Acrobat also crashes when I am trying to open those settings.

My setup is very recent, but I nevertheless run "sfc/scannow" and "chkdsk /f" and "Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth". The problem is still there.

Also found some hints on the Net that it could be a driver problem. That's why I am asking my question under this heading.
I consequently removed the drivers of the printers (all of them, including registry remnants). Then I could reach "Edit/Preferences" in Adobe without crashing. And I unticked the security settings in Adobe Acrobat. Reinstalled the (latest) HP printer drivers. ... Adobe (latest version) crashed again.

I am beginning to believe, it's a problem with a recent Windows update (and not a problem with the recent Adobe Acrobat update).

Does someone has made similar experiences, recently or in the past ? In another thread on the Net some proposed to install Sumatra pdf. ... And effectively, I was able to print with Sumatra.

But I find it very strange to use Adobe for my tax filings (should be very secure !) and Sumatra to print. ;-)

So thank you, if you have a solution or an idea !

Roger

RogerOver

Reaction score
I finally decided to uninstall Adobe Reader completely and adopted Foxit Reader. It has a very nice interface and a window for printing with all print options on one page and it is also able to handle my tax forms (just a good as Adobe). Sumatra is nice and lightweight, but has less options; e.g. no option to print both sides of the paper. (For Foxit you need to install the both-sides- option separately however: https://kb.foxitsoftware.com/hc/en-...ut-when-printing-to-a-brother-series-printer-).

So in the end, I am very happy with the change !

Ask a Question