Airplanelog_ text files

honkibay

Reaction score
Win11 airplanelog_ txt files.png

I'm using Windows11 in English, but found these Airplanelog_*.txt files in C:\Windows\ directory. I wonder what these are for and why unreadable characters are inserted in the file names???

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What's inside those txt files? Do you have anything remotely to do with aircraft software on your PC? Drone software, flight planning software etc...?

It might be worth running a full antivirus scan and perhaps worth scanning with the free version of MBAM too (https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download).

Vote:

honkibay

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thanks for your kind response. See the latest screenshot showing these strange txt files which contain exactly same contents as below. I don't use any aircraft SW or drone SW at all... Nothing to do with flight things at all. Through AV scan, these files are not picked up. Still curious and concerned...

Win11 airplanelog_ txt files.png

c:\Windows\Airplanelog_.txt
Airplane debug Message:Retrieve Output buffer Dec 18 2019 15:02:51
Airplane debug Message : what I want ? reply : 0x1
Airplane debug Message : report switch state value ? value = 1
=====================
c:\Windows\Airplanelog_漰맗햆￿栰맗햆￿.txt
=====================
c:\Windows\Airplanelog_蘿몦햆￿媀怒삃￿ 度삃￿ᗂ⏐￿￿￿￿￿2.txt

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
I have looked into that too but was not able to find a solution. One website mentioned a rootkit of some kind. There is not much out on the WWW in regard of this issue.
If you delete those file, do they reappear?? That would indicate that a program running on your pc creates those files.
BTW: those hyroglyphs are actually chinese but Google was not able to translate them.

Vote:

nimanouri

Reaction score
Have you find what to do, the same exact situation I have here. when I use the Airplane Mode Switch the files add to the windows folder(Fn Key+ F2). I have reinstalled the dell airoplan switch driver with no help on this situation.

Vote:

Ask a Question