Anyone get Teamviewer to work with Windows 11?

bitwiser

Reaction score
I've tried everything with 32 & 64 bit versions. They install and run but when you connect to clients...it connects and you get a partial or full login screen after supplying the TV password but that is it. Seems the screen never refreshes so you can't login to the client.

lesbryce

Reaction score
I've tried everything with 32 & 64 bit versions. They install and run but when you connect to clients...it connects and you get a partial or full login screen after supplying the TV password but that is it. Seems the screen never refreshes so you can't login to the client.
Used it about 2 hours ago getting support from Brother Printers

Vote:

bitwiser

Reaction score
Used it about 2 hours ago getting support from Brother Printers
I'm referring to me connecting to others, not support connecting to my PC. That way works. I just can't use the Windows 11 machine to connect to a host.

I also have noticed Facebook, Google Photos and Youtube sites are extremely slow (not really other sites)

Vote:

jvickers

Reaction score
Just to clarify, are you talking about the TeamViewer program that allows you to remotely connect to other systems? If so, are you using version 15, just the 64-bit version? I read elsewhere that this is the only version of TeamViewer that appears to fully work with Windows 11.

Also, there might be issues with it connecting to other devices as revealed in this thread on the TeamViewer Community page: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/117294/does-tv-work-in-windows-11.

It's been more than a decade since I used TeamViewer, so I'm sure much has changed with it.

Vote:

bitwiser

Reaction score
Yes, version 15. I've even signed up for insider builds and tried the latest beta with the same results. I've tried both 32bit and 64 bit. same. This was a clean install of Windows 11 on a new computer as well. Next I'll try removing the NVIDA video card and see if it is video driver issue.

Vote:

bitwiser

Reaction score
That link was no help...saw that a while back. I even have my own question posted in TV community forum, but no response. I contacted TV support but of course they refuse to help since it is Windows 11 beta

Vote:

jvickers

Reaction score
That link was no help...saw that a while back. I even have my own question posted in TV community forum, but no response. I contacted TV support but of course they refuse to help since it is Windows 11 beta
Yeah, this is the unfortunate issue with installing an OS preview build - few will support it. I read that Windows 11 is slated to be released to the public some time in October. You might have to wait until then. Or, and this is likelier the case, they'll release a Windows 11 compatible version of the software. That would be the wisest course for them to keep from losing business. Since you're on the insider builds, you might have a working version sooner rather than later.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Vote:

Ask a Question