Between A Rock and a Hard place

Noel

Reaction score
After many years of being an Insider I felt my computer was getting a bit glitzing so I deceded to to delete everything off my computer (all my files and videos etc are on different discs) so I backed up my NBN & Emails and reset my computer using microsoft insider. I now have a new windows 11 DEV channel. My problem is that I have to download an update so my windows can be vaildated. The only update available is 25193.1000 and whenever I install it it stops my WiFi from working on this computer. It sees the Wifi but when I try to connect it comes up cannot connect I. have updated the Realtek driver it doesn't make any differance.My wife's laptop on my desk has no problems with the wifi . I then have to remove the update & my computer connects straight away to the wifi.I have Unlimited Telstra NBN fibre to the modem. I have trid everything I know to fix the WiFi problem.

StevenG

Reaction score
After many years of being an Insider I felt my computer was getting a bit glitzing so I deceded to to delete everything off my computer (all my files and videos etc are on different discs) so I backed up my NBN & Emails and reset my computer using microsoft insider. I now have a new windows 11 DEV channel. My problem is that I have to download an update so my windows can be vaildated. The only update available is 25193.1000 and whenever I install it it stops my WiFi from working on this computer. It sees the Wifi but when I try to connect it comes up cannot connect I. have updated the Realtek driver it doesn't make any differance. My wife's laptop on my desk has no problems with the wifi . I then have to remove the update & my computer connects straight away to the wifi.I have Unlimited Telstra NBN fibre to the modem. I have trid everything I know to fix the WiFi problem.
I've had similar problems with Bluetooth and new Win-11 drivers. If it's an Intel Wi-Fi/BT card then always use the manufacturers initial driver for Win-11 that your PC came with. I've got this problem with a brand-new Nitro 5 gaming laptop that has an Intel Killer 1650i Wi-Fi/BT card, where the Wi-Fi driver works 100% with all new Win-11 updates (which its been updated 4 times with) but the Bluetooth only works with the initial Acer BT driver for Win-11 and does not work with any Intel new Win-11 BT drivers (which there have been 4 new updates also) and none work. I've just updated to the new Win-11 22H2 OS build 22621.521 and this new version installed a new and totally different Bluetooth driver for Win-11 and that didn't work at all also. same symptoms, can't connect a new JBL BT headphone or any BT headphones but the initial Acer Bluetooth driver works 100% and perfectly. I think that allot of these cards fitted are a proprietary card that are built for to manufacturers and their drivers.

Ask a Question