Bitlocker

Polterry

Reaction score
I have made a separate BitLocker partition on my hard drive and prepared and tested a Recovery USB stick. I make a backup of my sysytem and files to an external SSD drive. I would like to make a copy of the Bitlocker partition there in case of a disaster with my hard drive. Do I make the copy
1. Straight from desktop as a locked partition
2. After unlocking Bitlocker
Regards

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have made a separate BitLocker partition on my hard drive and prepared and tested a Recovery USB stick. I make a backup of my sysytem and files to an external SSD drive. I would like to make a copy of the Bitlocker partition there in case of a disaster with my hard drive. Do I make the copy
1. Straight from desktop as a locked partition
2. After unlocking Bitlocker
Regards
I don't use BitLocker but the link below provides information regarding your question.

The fundamentals of BitLocker ToGo are covered in the first part of the article but reading further on may provide the answer to your question.

Vote:

Polterry

Reaction score
A follow up as I have trouble starting a new thread / post.
When I start computer I have a folder on my desktop for Bitlocker. Normally I click on icon and tab opens requesting password to unlock it. Today when I clicked on it to open no password request and Bitlocker opened. Going down through folders to files individual files opened. In other words no password protection / security at all.
I tried a restart and went to Taskbar File Explorer icon and when I clicked that password was needed to open Bitlocker.
Closed down and restarted and tried Desktop folder again with same result as previous i.e. no security. Double checked with File Explorer and again password needed.
How do I set up Bitlocker so that it can ONLY be opened after password inserted??
Screenshots show both above scenarios
Regards
Terry green

Attachments

• Bitlocker 4.jpg
    Bitlocker 4.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Bitlocker 3.jpg
    Bitlocker 3.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0

Vote:

Ask a Question