Black screen at shutdown

usmc362

Reaction score
I had windows 11 build 21996.1 on my pc and had no problems. When I put the latest version on, 22000.120 I get a black shutdown screen. Anyone have that problem and know any possible fixes? Thanks

usmc362

Reaction score
I had windows 11 build 21996.1 on my pc and had no problems. When I put the latest version on, 22000.120 I get a black shutdown screen. Anyone have that problem and know any possible fixes? Thanks
Boy nothing like support from fellow insiders.

Vote:

zx128k

Reaction score
Try tunring off fast startup and see if that helps. Also I have had issues with the Intel (R) Management Engine Interface drivers. Try another version than the one you have installed.

You can try bepassing fast boot by shutting down with shutdown /s /t 5 or restart with shutdown /r /t 5.

I get it sometime on shutdown with 22000.258. Just hangs with a black screen at shutdown.

Vote:

DexterAu

Reaction score
You can also try and press winkey+Ctrl+shift +b and the power key. The screen wil be blank for about 40 sec after you release the keys.

Vote:

Ask a Question