Bye bye Windows 11

Guybrush1966

Reaction score
Well after living with Windows 11 for about 6 weeks, oddly on it's day of release, I have made a conscious decision to go back to Windows 10. To me it has reduced functionality, is less aesthetically pleasing and the start menu, is an utter dogs dinner. To be fair I have stuck with it this long due inclusion of Android Apps (Currently missing) and the promise of improved gaming, only to find that Windows 11 Security features actually hobble game performance under certain conditions. I have come to realise that Windows 10 is more user friendly and quite simply better than Windows 11. :cool:

Last edited:

TheOldMarine

Reaction score
Find your self a good windows 10 forum, I use MDL. Windows 11 is far superior to Windows 10, at least on my home built Ryzen 9 3900x.

Joe

Reaction score
absolutely madness. I purchased a hp envy 360 laptop with ryzen 5 2500u radeon vega mobile gx with 8gb of ram costing £900. Excellent computer then now windows 11 appears my computer is too old the processor apparently.. This is absolute disgusting of windows to make my laptop obsolete. The absolute cheek to say about purcashing a new laptop.. Think maybe time to go chrome.. Microsoft you should be ashamed.

BUNG

Reaction score
Hey Joe, where you going with that HP in your hand? Seriously though, I see you're getting a massive amount of responses on here. So have you bought a new laptop yet? If so, can you please inform if it is an HP or an ASUS with Windows 11 preinstalled and how do you like it? Thanks.

davehc

Reaction score
Well after living with Windows 11 for about 6 weeks, oddly on it's day of release, I have made a conscious decision to go back to Windows 10. To me it has reduced functionality, is less aesthetically pleasing and the start menu, is an utter dogs dinner. To be fair I have stuck with it this long due inclusion of Android Apps (Currently missing) and the promise of improved gaming, only to find that Windows 11 Security features actually hobble game performance under certain conditions. I have come to realise that Windows 10 is more user friendly and quite simply better than Windows 11. :cool:
If I read correctly "for about 6 weeks", that would be the beta.. Not a lot of difference, but many bugs sorted out since, with the RTM release on the 5th Oct.
Only complaint I have, I see little difference from Windows 10 - not even in performance (on my old Laptop, anyway)

Joe

Reaction score
Yes guys maybe my thread wasn’t clear. I purchased my hp x360 hd touch for 900 2 years ago. Now apparently I can not download windows 11 because I think they say the processor ryzen 5 isn’t supported. It’s mad. Newer computers can not download it but older ones can. I’m not downloading an unsupported version or changing stuff in the menus. It should be supported and there for downloading on a computer just 2 years old. Not sure what Microsoft logic is on this download but think they will need a rethink when more people find there not so old computers can not have windows 11

joker31

Reaction score
I updated old old computer to Zorin 15.4 and then to 16 and it has been running without any problems.

TheOldMarine

Reaction score
Bet Bill Gates will miss you... LOL I have tried Zorin, along with lots of other flavors, but, none of my games would play on them.

Cheers, Ray

joker31

Reaction score
Well OldMarine I guess you are stuck and need to stay with Windows. Have you looked for linux versions of the games?

TheOldMarine

Reaction score
Well OldMarine I guess you are stuck and need to stay with Windows. Have you looked for linux versions of the games?
I tried the various versions of Linux, mostly based on Ubuntu. I am over 80, and really don't want to bring back my working past. I used Unix prior to Microsoft forcing DOS on the government agency I was working at. I used that, even when they gave us all a mouse to play with when they gave us our Military spec IBM desktop and Windows 3.1. Got used to that, then, lo and behold, they, the agency I was working at, brought in SUN microsystems and took away our PC's and gave us Solaris, Sun's version of Unix. When I retired I looked at Apple and an IBM clone, been with MS ever since. Just too used to my windows, and at 81, will ride out Windows 11. Actually enjoy it, using the final plus the insiders preview.

Cheers, Ray

orlbuckeye

Reaction score
absolutely madness. I purchased a hp envy 360 laptop with ryzen 5 2500u radeon vega mobile gx with 8gb of ram costing £900. Excellent computer then now windows 11 appears my computer is too old the processor apparently.. This is absolute disgusting of windows to make my laptop obsolete. The absolute cheek to say about purcashing a new laptop.. Think maybe time to go chrome.. Microsoft you should be ashamed.
Its not obsolete. Windows 10 is still under support for 4 more years.

windows user

Reaction score
Windows 11 is still knew and the bugs are being worked out as we type and I am very sure that Ms will do something about windows 10 as I think it will be a fav among developers and coders. (its a run on sentence I know)

Bye windows 11

Reaction score
Bye bye windows 11 after 720 Minutes.... OF UNCOMFORTABLE SOME BUGS LAGG uhhh its better to go back to my home windows 10 home for smooth gaming Btw If you ask for my specs here in my description.
Description:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
UHHHH obviously my intel core is UNSUPPORTED UHHHHH NGRRRRRR. ... .
I'Have this requirements for windows 11:
Secure Boot: I'have
TPM2.0: I'have
Supported CPU: BRUH OBVIOUSLY. . ..
SO I'CAN SAY BYeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEeEe WINDOW 11

davehc

Reaction score
The oddity of making a single post on a windows 11 forum, only to say you are leaving:rolleyes:?