Cleared browsers

cosmic52

Reaction score
So if you clear cookies and cache out of your browser, how come it appears in pc cleaners?...

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
So if you clear cookies and cache out of your browser, how come it appears in pc cleaners?...

3rd party cleaning tools have thorough cleaning method, unlike browser's standard cleaning method .. so you will likely find more results from there ..

cosmic52

Reaction score
Two questions, are you clearing the cache & cookies in the browser settings and what app are you using?
Cleared all cookies and cache in firefox, which is mostly about 300kb because I clear after each website. But Wise disk can still find 27mb of cache. It seems to be app data from firefox and microsoft.

Last edited:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Cache files often have a maximum size for cached information. For publicity reasons, cleaners indicate that they have cleaned up the maximum file size, even if there was zero information cached in the file !

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
If Firefox is your main browser, it can generate several thousand Temporary Internet Files in just one day of browsing.
One command, to clear those out is:

del /F /S /Q "C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*.*"

You can run that command from a CMD prompt, or from within a Batch file, which is how I run it.
It's too cumbersome to try to do that from within Firefox itself.

Earlier, I ran my Cleanup.bat program (batch file) and got this report:
Cleanup 1-8-24.jpg
And, the greatest share of those 339,068 junk files were created by Firefox. (in just 24 hours).

So you may be leaving thousands of Temporary Internet Files on your HD.
Try the above mentioned command.

TM :cool:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
To date, several (dozen) forum members have requested a copy of my Cleanup.bat program (batch file) and I share it willingly with anyone who asks for it. To date, it removes the temporary Internet Files from Chrome, Edge and Firefox. And, several I.E. temp folders. AS WELL as other misc. .tmp files scattered throughout the system.

In a years time, my little program can remove several Million Temporary Files (Junk) from my PC.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool: