Duplicate mails

zswobbie1

Reaction score
I have an odd issue with installing Outlook, with my laptop as well as my phone.
I do a fresh Outlook install & add a Gmail account to it. It installs fine with all my subfolders, but it also installs Gmail again at the end of the folder list, as well as another within that Gmail. Each have all my folder lists.

Any ideas?

Henk

Reaction score
Do you have an Outlook account?
Log in in to that account, open webmail, I think that you will find your Gmail account there also.
If so, you have entered it on the server and you don't have to do that on the clients as your laptop is.
Remove Outlook from your laptop, reinstall it without entering your Gmail and you will be fine.
Hope this helps

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Try using POP/POP3 method, since IMAP will download the entire existing folders in the said email account ..

Bighorn

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is the saving or deleting from the account/s when syncing across other devices or programs. I always liked leaving messages on the Server then going back later to delete ones I didn't want, it's an extra step but can be safer.

Ask a Question