Elan fingerprint sensor not working.

jvickers

Reaction score
Just a longshot, but have you seen if Windows would find an updated driver on the Web? Or did the new patch resolve the issue you're having?

Edwrd10

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. When Win 11 installs it only installs basic drivers for the OS. You have to go to your manufacturers support page and install all latest driver software. I have a Dell Tablet and when I used the Dell Driver tool it still would not give all drivers I needed. I went down the list and installed all driver software for my tablet and there was a driver for fingerprint reader. After I installed the drivers Device Manager showed all devices are installed. Manufacturers have not submitted all their updated drivers for Win 11. In a few months Microsoft and Manufacturers will be caught up and your drivers will come through Win Update. But, for now you have to visit your MB Manufacturers support page and Install your drivers manually.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My fingerprint reader did also not work with default Windows Update installed drivers, I had to install via the manufacturers driver instead (Kensington in my case).

I note that on the driver page for your laptop (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7345?b=1), it asks for you to install the "Serial IO Driver" before installing the Fingerprint/Touchpad driver. Might be worth trying that.

Ask a Question