Folder Checkboxes are permanent

Edwrd10

Reaction score
Since I installed Win 11 on my Dell Tablet I cannot get folder checkboxes to go away. I have checked the Folder Options Menu and the option to use Checkboxes is 'Unchecked" So I checked it hit apply, then I unchecked it again and hit apply and still all folders still have checkboxes. I re-installed a clean full version of Win 11 Pro, keeping nothing. And still all folders have checkboxes. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the folder checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get rid of the folder checkboxes?

SmOgER

Reaction score
Are you sure you are unchecking "use checkboxes to select items" ?
This option is working as intended for me.

Metalfan1185

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same. Even when I reset and install Windows 11 fresh, I cant get rid of these damn checkboxes. I did folder options, the option, i even tried registry edits. I'm on my fourth reset on a surface pro 7.

*EDIT

It might have something to do with the "Your phone" app. I checked and there were no checkboxes, then opened the app and used it to send some messages, and then I went back to explorer and the checkboxes were back. I know it's a trivial thing but it bothers me so much for some reason lol.

Edwrd10

Reaction score
I do not have the "Your Phone" app set up on Win 11 or Win10. And, my android phone does not have Your Phone app installed. I don't think It has anything to do with "Your Phone" app. Re-installing Win 11 will not help as I also re-Installed Win 11 as a clean install, where I chose the option to 'Keep Nothing", Which wipes the HD and gives a clean install.
This, I think, is a problem that will be addressed in a future Cumulative update for Win 11.
I spoke to a MS Tech via messaging and she said, Win 11 is only 1 week out and there are many glitches that will be addressed in future updates. She had no clue as to how to fix this, "Checkbox Problem".

Ask a Question