Article Discussion How to Move the Start Menu and Taskbar to the Left

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new resource:

How to Move the Start Menu and Taskbar to the Left - With a few simple steps, you can restore the familiar left-aligned taskbar in Windows 11.

Prior to Windows 11, the default start button location has always been fixed to the left hand side of the monitor. Microsoft have freshened up the look of the latest version of Windows by centre-aligning the start button and taskbar. However, there are some simple steps you can take to restore the familiar alignment if you'd like.

Read more about this resource...

jvickers

Reaction score
Thanks for this, Ian. I moved the taskbar to the left. To be honest, it looked kind of strange to me in the Windows 11 environment. I recentered it. I guess I've already gotten used to it being in the center even though it's only been a few days. :)

That Computer Guy

Reaction score
Here's the problem with the Start Menu being moved. Many of us support friends, family, neighbors, customers with their computer over the phone. It's helpful for the interface elements to always be in the same spots (as much as possible). People don't like change - especially non-technical or older users. When I need to tell someone to "Click on the Start Menu" it's helpful to be able to say, "It's the thing in the lower, left corner of your screen.

Long-time Mac users are used to the menu from programs to NOT be attached to the window that the program is running in. PLEASE don't make the Windows user interface more Mac-like!

Ask a Question