HP scanner not recognized

tjz

Reaction score
I just installed windows 11 and now my HP8710 scanner app no longer works. Computer no longer recognizes printer. I've unplugged and replugged printer in. I've powered down and turned printer back on, but nothing works.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Computer no longer recognizes printer
You may want to reinstall the driver package

There is also a link on that page for the HP Print and Scan Doctor which may help
AND
A few videos which you may find helpful.

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did you try the Print and Scan Doctor utility?
I think it's under "Tools" in the link above

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
you may want to up grade your driver , I had to went to HP down loaded their Easy Start could not get regular set up to work . Make sure your printer is hooked up and running when you do. I have the best printing I have ever had but have not used scanner as of this writing .

Vote:

Schmidteyes

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Was able to update driver but can't scan from printer to computer. Ran diagnostics, disabled firewall, all the other above actions taken. Any other suggestions?

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
the few things that did not work was my printer after Win11 update. First thing I did was threw control panel uninstall HP software not disk doctor and restarted my laptop.
clicked on disk doctor it tried to install software, it could not next thing that popped up was HP Easy Start so I tried it. After a few minutes it had me verify my printer, it is set up wireless, it wanted my printer IP address I filled it in. After a few more actions I had my printer and desk top software. Did a test page, it printed better than I ever have had.

Vote:

adbc

Reaction score
I had the same issue with HP Officejet 6600.
Services : go to print spooler and restart the service for the printer to work
go to Windows Image Aquisition for the scanner to work restart the service
this has to be done every time after shutting down the computer.
this worked for me.

Vote:

tripichin1983

Reaction score
I had the same issue with HP Officejet 6600.
Services : go to print spooler and restart the service for the printer to work
go to Windows Image Aquisition for the scanner to work restart the service
this has to be done every time after shutting down the computer.
this worked for me.

I just opened an account on this forum only to reply to this thread as it was the only place I found a solution that actually helped me and worked. The others just say check drivers, turn on, turn off, Enable Fax and Scanner, blah blah blah blah....

My device is a 2007 HP Officejet 5700. Despite its age it has always worked well and I use it as a scanner. Everything was fine until I upgraded to W11. Since then whenever I try to scan, I connect the USB cable, the PC recognizes it, it appears as an available printer/scanner but when I try to scan I get a warning "No scanners were detected...".

1665611452127.png
Let me thank you and complement the contribution of @adbc with the steps to restart the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service:

Press the Windows Key + R and type in services.msc and press enter.

Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), right-click and choose Restart. You can also first Stop and then Start.

1157_windows%20image%20acquisition%20causing%20high%20cpu%20and%20disk%20usage%201.jpg

If the Windows Image Acquisition service is not running, a reboot is worth a try now.

Vote:

Ask a Question