Kmode Exception Not Handled

JustinNow

Reaction score
Hiya!

I've been trying to install Windows 11 for a while now, pretty much since it came out.

I've done just about everything I can think about, uninstalled a lot of programs, run DISM, sfc /scannow, dskchk, deleted Software Distribution etc.

Updated all of my drivers.

Yet I still get KMODE bluescreen on the second restart of the windows 11 installation on my PC.

My setuperr log looks as follows: https://wtools.io/paste-code/b5VB

My setup:

AMD Ryzen 3600x
16GB RAM
Nvidia 1070ti
MOBO: ROG Strix B450-F

I hope someone can help me out here as I am at a loss for what it could be.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Justin and welcome to the forum.
My recommendation would be to wait a while longer until Windows 11 is offered in a more stable and reliable state.
It's early days and there are still a lot of bugs being reported and work being done to resolve them.

Kmode Exception Not Handled \

Is one of the more common errors reported and can be the result of practically anything....
From hardware like memory or firmware or drivers, to....
Third party software, often anti-virus / anti-malware
AND
Troubleshooting something like that on a very early beta release of an Operating System might be time ill spent, when it may very well be resolved in a subsequent (more stable) release.

I don't do error logs, but....
IF you happen to have the actual crash dump files that you can either zip up and attach to a post or upload to your cloud storage and attach a link, I'd be willing to take an amateur's look at them and provide an uneducated guess, if I see anything that stands out as an obvious problem.

Ask a Question