Major Application crash Windows 11 forced reformating bug leaves all applications without allocated vram when selected

Sektar

Reaction score
When i play a game or do anything gpu intensive, windows will eventually at random make both my monitors go black and try to reformat my desktop and resoltion. Once my main monitor gets signal again my secondary monitor is still undetectable and the application i was using has a black screen but is still running.The formating downscaled the resolution of my main monitor to 1080p instead of native 4k and changed the resolution of my secondary monitor to 720p instead of its native 1080p. After this has happened every gpu related application has the GPU usage set to zero or one percent when selected making it unusable. The final strange clue i found is that when you click out side or tab out of an application the proper gpu usage ramps up and you can see the application is running fine but once you select the app the gpu usage tanks. This can all be temporarily fixed by restarting your pc and turning your monitor on and off if it is black but as of now i cant point to a specific cause for this, all i can do is look at the clues i referenced. This has happened to me with atleast 5 different applications multiple times. I think a reinstall of windows 11 may fix this but if not i hope someone can use this info to find a solution.

jvickers

Reaction score
Did the Windows 11 reinstall work? Or did you find a different fix for this issue?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does using this keyboard combo (Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B)
Have any impact on this issues??

Ask a Question