Mscore.dll not found stopping me from opening program

sheltiephil

Reaction score
This error notice will not let me open paintshop pro or mailwasher pro - trusted programs. Is mscore.dll a virus? Bitdefender scan of my systsem says no malware. Is the file really missing? What should I do?

rfsmith7

Reaction score
It's to do with the last update. Had the same issue on one of my PCs. Go via control panel to programs and features, and then click "turn Windows features on or off" top left. From the list tick the box for ".NET framework 3.5" and click OK. On the next page select to update via Windows Update.

Vote:

sheltiephil

Reaction score
Gee thanks RF :) I had performed a system restore and paused Windows Updates for 2 weeks. I should have said that I'm using Windows 11. Should I follow your suggestion and then separately perform another full Windows Update, or will ticking .NET framework 3.5 and then selecting to update via Windows Update on the next page run the full Windows Update in any case?

Vote:

rfsmith7

Reaction score
Not sure. The issue arose with the latest build and is documented in the "known issues" section here.

My PC on the beta build 22610 was not affected, but my wife's on the standard build was.

Vote:

Ask a Question