Multi destop on single monitor.

jcrous

Reaction score
I noticed that I am now on Windows 11 Home after an update.

I have clicked on the plus and created a second desktop. I have even renamed one.
Both my original and newly desktops are exactly the same. If I create a shortcut on one, it automatically appears on the second.
How can I customise them to be different?

I want to make one for work and one for entertainment.

jcrous

Reaction score

I have clicked on the plus and created a second desktop. I have even renamed one.
Both my original and newly desktops are exactly the same. If I create a shortcut on one, it automatically appears on the second.

Vote:

jcrous

Reaction score
If I understand it correctly, Windows 11 is supposed to be like a cell phone with several pages (desktop pages, a on my iPad as well). On my pc, I cannot change one destop page to anything different than the first page.

On my cell phone and iPad, I can, and on the tutorials on youtube, the people can, but not me.

What can be the cause?

Vote:

Garyw

Reaction score

As far as I can see, the taskbar and start menu will be the same on all virtual desktops. However, you can customize each to be different than the others. In the attached example, I have 4 virtual desktops, each with different wallpaper, and each running different programs. It's the same task bar in each, but the neat thing is, if I click on the taskbar icon of a program running in a different virtual desktop, it will switch to that desktop.11 Desktops.jpg

Vote:

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that the background can be different for all. I suspected as much, but never confirmed it. And after the 120 update, if no programs are running on the desktop, and the backgrounds are the same... you can't even tell anything has changed. It's THAT quick and seamless. LOL. So I'm considering changing to using different backgrounds.

Vote:

Ask a Question