Processor unsupported

JohnSteven

Reaction score
Hello! How come that I still get such a can’t run windows 11 message with that processor? I’m using the updated PC Health Check. Thank you
51BCBA1E-CC25-435A-80AC-B5FB6ADD552B.jpeg904A74D4-A7A0-465A-8AFE-8C33E7B37A44.jpeg

Neelix

Reaction score
Its got to be an 8th gen processor from what i can see,..i cant upgrade with 7th gen,..

if its any consolation,..having looked through win 11 carefully,..most people on 10,are,nt going to like the "upgrade",..me included..not worth it for at least a yr,..bloated,unfinished,..aimed at high end gamers,shopohloics and 12 yr old girls,who want to play around on FB,...

Hard to say,..could be another win 8,in the making,..

JohnSteven

Reaction score
Thank you for your comment. Need more time to investigate on windows 11 overall performance prior to upgrading my machine’s hardware and software

Neelix

Reaction score
Hmm,..this seems more like an"update",on win 10,than a major new os,in some ways,..mostly cosmetic..(a ms business ploy,the cynical might say ;-)..ts interesting,being new but i dont think im going to rush to"upgrade"..

CymruUSA

Reaction score
I have an i7-6700T and the Dev Insider Channel has allowed me to upgrade. The install itself was very smooth. A few things not working as expected but that's to be expected with the first release.

Neelix

Reaction score
Seems to be running fine fr most people who,ve got it going,..doest seem as bad as early 10 from what i can see,to be fair,..

Leadman

Reaction score
I have an i7 6700k (e-mail address removed) processor. It is not on the supported list. Does anyone know why and whether it can run Windows 11.

Thanks

fdegrove

Reaction score
Hi,

Personally I am running W11 on machines with 4th, 6th, 7th and 11th gen cpu's without any problem.
All machines have TPM modules installed and active.

Cheers, ;)

Ask a Question