Quick Launch

Michale32086

Reaction score
In addition to a Quick Launch on the TASK BAR, I would also like to retain the TaskBar button that minimizes all windows and brings me to the desktop..

Is that button available??

Thanx in advance...

jvickers

Reaction score
In addition to a Quick Launch on the TASK BAR, I would also like to retain the TaskBar button that minimizes all windows and brings me to the desktop..

Is that button available??

Thanx in advance...
Yes. It's just not a button. If you hold your mouse to the far right on the taskbar, you'll see "Show Desktop" appear in a hover message. That's where you click to minimize all windows and get to the desktop quickly. I hope that helps!

Michale32086

Reaction score
Thanx SO much!! I didn't see the DESKTOP hover message but the highlighted area of my taskbar did change shade..

taskbar.jpg

I clicked and viola... Bare desktop!! :D

Thanx again...

BillyYank

Reaction score
I used quick launch every day for fast access to document templates in a file, rather than having to open the file itself.

I would very much like to see it return.

jvickers

Reaction score
I used quick launch every day for fast access to document templates in a file, rather than having to open the file itself.

I would very much like to see it return.
This sounds like a good suggestion to offer Microsoft in the "Give Feedback" button when you enter the Windows Insiders Program area under Windows Update.

EvgenyK2

Reaction score
Hello developers. Please return the tweak which day of the week on windows 11.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]
"sDate"="."
"sDate"=" "
"sShortDate"="dd.MM.yyyy"
"sShortDate"="ddd dd.MM.yyyy"

Day-of-the-week.png

and please return the full tabs function. I have a big display and I do not need small icons.

full-tabs.png

Thanks

jimbritttn

Reaction score
Yes. It's just not a button. If you hold your mouse to the far right on the taskbar, you'll see "Show Desktop" appear in a hover message. That's where you click to minimize all windows and get to the desktop quickly. I hope that helps!
this does NOT answer the question! WE NEED THE QUICK LAUNCH BAR BACK!

jvickers

Reaction score
this does NOT answer the question! WE NEED THE QUICK LAUNCH BAR BACK!

I believe I was answering the part about the "show desktop" button. And, that did, according to the OP, answer that question. Also, you should probably be yelling at Microsoft, not me.

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Just a heads-up, I doubt that a single MS developer is a member of this forum. And even if they are, undercover, they probably wouldn't/couldn't provide an official response here.

gchecketts

Reaction score
I agree we need the quick launch bar back!!! I use it everyday and it reduces icon space usage compared to those attached to the task bar. Also I like the windows 10 start button which has a few of the programs I use frequently at the top and just scroll down to all apps.

davehc

Reaction score
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]
"sDate"="."
"sDate"=" "
"sShortDate"="dd.MM.yyyy"
"sShortDate"="ddd dd.MM.yyyy"

View attachment 73

and please return the full tabs function. I have a big display and I do not need small icons.

View attachment 74

Thanks
The facility is in the time and date settings. This is what I get when I click the time on the taskbar

1635397433060.png

woldsweather

Reaction score
I agree we need the quick launch bar back!!! I use it everyday and it reduces icon space usage compared to those attached to the task bar. Also I like the windows 10 start button which has a few of the programs I use frequently at the top and just scroll down to all apps.

I'm waiting to see if I can add a quick launch bar. I installed 11 6 months ago but have gone back to 10 until there is quick launch.

Where ois the petition to bring quick launch back?

woldsweather

Reaction score

I'm waiting to see if I can add a quick launch bar. I installed 11 6 months ago but have gone back to 10 until there is quick launch.

Where is the petition to bring quick launch back?

tannenba

Reaction score
I submitted a suggest to allow the user to retain their windows 10 taskbar. Most of my functionality is gone with the Quick Launch. As a work around, posted the folder on my desktop. Find it at user/appdata/roaming/microsoft/internet explorer.

Ask a Question