Ridding myself of a bitlocked partition

ljdarby

Reaction score
One of the partitions on my recently purchased used Surface Pro 7 is bitlocked & preventing me from imaging via Macrium Reflect or Acronis . Question- if I format unconditionally that onboard SSD drive, will that delete all partitions existing on that drive and allow me to do a clean install of Win11 Pro? I do not have, nor does the previous owner have, the bitlocker unlock password.

Sir_George

Reaction score
One of the partitions on my recently purchased used Surface Pro 7 is bitlocked & preventing me from imaging via Macrium Reflect or Acronis . Question- if I format unconditionally that onboard SSD drive, will that delete all partitions existing on that drive and allow me to do a clean install of Win11 Pro? I do not have, nor does the previous owner have, the bitlocker unlock password.
Formatting will do the job. Also, visit the website link below for some additional information which may be useful.

Ask a Question